Friday, January 05, 2007

Marble Ceiling

For several days I have been in Washington, D.C., hanging out with the “learned society” of law professors. I have jogged to the White House and the Mall, the National Zoo and Rock Creek Park to Georgetown. While in town, some history has been in the works: the first woman ascended to be Speaker of the House, Cindy Sheehan assaulted the Capitol, the current President cleans out his staff, a former President was eulogized, a new Congress assembled and started to work in the midst of one of our longest wars.

I haven’t heard a law professor address any of these things from a lectern at our conference.

I love the ivory tower.

Tonight, I’m having drinks with Ken Starr. High Cotton.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark Elrod said...

I hear that the Cherry Blossoms are in bloom (early).

Give Ken the secret Bisons handshake for me.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Mike the Eyeguy said...

As such a fortuitous witness of history-in-the-making and hobnobber of famous folks, you're a veritable Forrest Gump in my book.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home