Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rankings

If we were discussing law schools in general and the law school where I work, I would say that the U.S. News rankings are a distraction, a novelty to sell copy, and, emphatically, that they should not be a guide to selecting or grading a school. Every school is different, serving different regions, different students, different markets and different needs in the world. Schools who commit to gaming this process corrupt the rankings and distort their own souls and missions.

Everyone in the legal academy agrees with me.

Everyone in the legal academy, including me, is a hypocrite, because we salivate over them.

As for me and my house, I must say GO 'DORES! Vandy rises to 15th in the nation. We rock, and the rag shafted us by putting Duke and UVA ahead of us. That's a ridiculous injustice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home