Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mainline

So when I showed up at the rehearsal and other wedding events this weekend, many people would come up and say things like, "Are you the minister?" "Are you Jim and Heather's pastor?" "Are you the pastor of this church?" To which I usually took the time to disclaim my clerginess and inform them of the special circumstances and to emphasize my lawyeriness and professoriness.

All for naught, however, because early Saturday afternoon, the wedding planner finally handed me a copy of the program for the wedding. You know, this was the fancy program on nice stationary with pretty colors and ribbons for all the wedding-goers. I scanned the agenda to make sure everything was in order, then glanced down to a list of participants: friend-of-the-bride, brother-of-the-groom, etc.

At the bottom, I read,

Officiant:
The Right Reverend [JRB]


Yeah, the groom thought it would be funny. I keep waiting to be eaten from the inside-out by worms, but so far, so good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike the Eyeguy said...

The Left Reverend maybe...

5:30 AM  
Blogger Kile and Em said...

Definitely the LEFT Reverend.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home