Monday, May 12, 2008

It's not the years. It's the mileage.

I just started having a bad feeling about Indiana Jones. It's all the fault of the Phantom Menace.

First, George Lucas approved the script and the story, and that just doesn't bode well in light of the increasingly disappointing Star Wars prequels.

Second, although the trailers are exceedingly cool and hit the right notes, they clearly rely on on some CGI effects. Part of the great charm of the first Indy movies was the grit and guts, knowing that Ford and friends were doing their own dirty stunts. Also, Lucas relied so much on CGI in the Star War prequels, that they almost became cartoons.

Third, Shia LaBeouf. Really? Maybe he'll surprise me, but Disney-boy is gonna have to work hard. (Also, let us hope to forget the dialog Lucas gave to this poor kid.)

Maybe I'm just trying to pull a Clintonian expectations tactic, but I am wary.

2 Comments:

Blogger Edward Carson said...

...yes but I am counting the days until it hits the theatres.

3:08 PM  
Blogger JRB said...

Me, too, of course. My wife and I are planning our annual movie date for it.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home