Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Cry Freedom


Leroi Moore died yesterday of complications from injuries sustained in an ATV accident. He played saxophone for the Dave Matthews Band since its inception. That means that I've been listening to him almost daily since 1995, first on the way to Destin with other Fellas, then live at Memphis in May in 1996 and in Nashville in 1998 and all along the way. He has helped fill my life with beauty, song and dancing, and I'll miss him.

Peace to DMB and Moore's family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike the Eyeguy said...

My condolences to you and all Dave fans everywhere.

I know Number One is a little down over this too. He saw Dave live at Piedmont Park in Atlanta last fall. He can be seen on the concert DVD several rows back jumping up and down and waving his shirt wildly in a circle.

He texted me a few moments ago and told me that the day of that concert was Leroi's birthday.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Mike the Eyeguy said...

BTW, I was listening to "Grave Digger" on my iPod when I wrote that comment.

4:01 PM  
Blogger JRB said...

By the way, I'm listening to that Piedmont Park concert at my desk while I read that last comment, with the audience singing Happy Birthday and all.

DMB is MY band, the music for those formative years of school, brotherhood adventures, falling in love and all. They are important to me.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home