Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Wednesday's Child

Scarce energy and an oil dependent economy,

Bankruptcy and a debt dependent marketplace,

Nanotechnology, Singularity and an obsolescence based inventory,

Parity and the decline of U.S. hegemony,

Polarity and religion based democracy,

Americanism and wealth based evangelism,

Wailing about the church’s inadequacy,

Generational snobbery.

Fear.

Aren't we due for another cataclysm?

There is nothing new under the sun.

Wickedness sits in the place of justice.

Act justly.

Love mercy.

Walk humbly with your God.

5 Comments:

Blogger dutro said...

JRB, that sounds almost apocalyptic!

2:01 PM  
Blogger JRB said...

I'd hope it sounded more ecclesiastical, but that's just our prejudice seeping into our explication.

Keep on truckin', Dutro.

2:09 PM  
Blogger dutro said...

I knew what you were trying to say, and you said it well, I just had to comment the way I did. In the end, it all comes down to "fear the Lord and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man." good post.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Mark Elrod said...

I just stopped by to say hi and I got a sermon. Thanks.

Make me a servant.

10:48 PM  
Blogger JRB said...

I aim to please (and sermonize).

This actually is the outline of a post I haven't made time to write. I jotted down a few sequiturs to keep them fresh for later writing. On the page, I thought it looked rather like wisdom literature, so consider it an experiment for my Solomonic voice.

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home