Friday, February 03, 2006

Mag's Tag

Four Jobs I’ve Had:

  • Making sand cores for metal molds at Sentinel Manufacturing in Tulsa (when the older guys weren’t throwing me in empty drums turned trash cans).

  • Breathing noxious fumes and teaching freshman chemistry majors the wonders of acetone and fire as a chemistry and biochemistry lab assistant at ole HU.

  • Putting the fear of the Lord (and the counselors) in inner city the kids at Camp of the Hills in Marble Falls, TX.

  • Peddler of Zimabawean artwork at a family owned African art store in Tulsa.

Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over:

  • So I Married an Axe Murderer. “It’s like Sputnik, spherical but quite pointy in parts.”

  • Shrek “Oh, you’re a right sexy-me-bastard. Did you know that?”

  • Casablanca. “So Charlie tells me you’re a butcher…”

  • To Kill a Mockingbird “Um, being electrocuted. I was electrocuted once….”

Four Books I Could Read Over and Over:

  • New Seeds of Contemplation. Thomas Merton.

  • Dark Night of the Soul. St. John of the Cross.

  • A Testament of Devotion. Thomas R. Kelly

  • For the Time Being. Annie Dillard.

Four Places I’ve Lived:

  • Tulsa, OK

  • Houston, TX

  • Abilene, TX

  • Lake Orion, MI (‘burb of Detroit)

Four T.V. Shows I Watch:

  • My Name Is Earl (Great show. Redemptive. Great spiritual overtones and insight. And stinkin’ funny.)

  • The West Wing (It was the ER for my friends in Abilene. We would record it and all meet after going to our respective churches to watch it together, much like our post curfew ER viewings in the Old Marrieds.)

  • The Biggest Loser (I admit it, Natalie and I watch and sometimes tear up! Well, at least I tear up. I’m a tender flower.)

  • Law & Order (It taps me into the world of three of my best friends. At least in the sense that it has to do with law, they know nothing about order.)

Four Places I Have Been on Vacation:

  • Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

  • Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe

  • Vancouver Island, B.C. (honeymoon)

  • The Rockies (not an uncommon local, but I’ve been skiing with the Fellas)

Four Websites I Visit Daily:

  • Sojourners: How can you beat the integration of faith, politics, and culture? Plus, Jim Wallis got a first name plug by Bono on Tuesday after Bono used the term “God’s Politics”. Nice…

  • Cope’s blog.

  • Google. What can I say? Inquisitive minds want to find things.

  • Slate.com

Four Favorite Foods:

  • Thai Food, just about anything. (Yes, even the soups with the jellied blood cubes.)

  • Rendezvous Ribs

  • The New York Strip at Taste of Texas in Houston

  • My dad’s Chocolate Trifle (a family holiday tradition!)

Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now:

  • Reykjavik, Iceland (I long to sojourn in the land of my ancestors)

  • Any 18 or 36 with the Fellas

  • Finding solitude in a monastery (Mt. Athos would do just fine!)

  • Murchison Falls, Uganda

Four People I’m Tagging:

  • I’m calling a cease fire.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kile and Em said...

Oh you're sneaky. Sneaking all those extra quotes from Axe Murderer in there was... well kind of sneaky.

4:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home