Monday, May 22, 2006

Joe Biden and Peaches Cafe

It's early yet, but so far, I like what I hear from Joe Biden. Here, from the Jackson Free Press, is the most recent piece I've read covering his fledging campaign for the White House. All politics is local, and maybe I'm just impressed that a Yankee Democrat has the wherewithal to campaign in Mississippi.

Anyone out there have any gripping insight? Any Democrats out there from New Castle, Delaware?

At this point, I'd like to see McCain v. Biden in 2008. Biden says that he wants to see it, too, that the American people would be in for a "treat," a campaign between two friends debating ideas and unwilling to go "ugly" on each other.

Maybe I'm still a little naive, too.

6 Comments:

Blogger dutro said...

"Any Democrats out there from New Castle, Delaware?"

If that's not a hook thrown out to a certain political science professor at a small southern university, I don't know what is.

We'll see if he comments...

Looking forward to seeing you next weekend, by the way.

11:38 PM  
Blogger Mark Elrod said...

Dang, I was headed to bed and this was my last stop.

Never met Joe, but I voted for him once by absentee vote.

I wish him well, but I think he lacks a base. I'm hard pressed to think of anyone from a state with 3 electoral votes who ever got elected president.

I stand ready to form the "Biden for President" campaign committee for White County. There's not much else going on here right now.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Larry James said...

Did you see Biden on "Meet the Press" this a.m.?

He raised his hand and said, "Sign me up" in response to a Russert question as to whether or not he was suggesting a tax increase rather than a roll back for the rich!

Won my vote for speaking his mind.

He came to Dallas last fall and was fabulous. Of course, this President makes almost anyone look that way, huh? Keep working!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Larry James said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:08 PM  
Blogger JRB said...

Larry,

It's an honor to have your eyes over here. Biden is winning my heart and mind, but I fear that Mark may be right about his electoral clout.

Your work and writing are inspirational to me and us. Over here, I talk a good game but don't have much to show for it in the way of fruit. I hope that a new opportunty on our horizon will lead us deeper into the harvest.

May God bless your ministry and work in Dallas.

2:39 PM  
Blogger JRB said...

And, yes, I saw him. He's taking the oath that I think the Dems must follow now, couching a message of social justice in terms of morality, even Christian morality, even if it does not lead to bigger political victories.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home